Thursday 10 October 2013

Analysis of previous A2 student's work


This is Tara Caple's work, the song 'Wannabe' by the Spice Girls. I love this video purely because of all of the aspects which could of been risky, have gone exactly how she would of wanted it to go.

I believe this video is so successful in the ways in which she has planned this out because she has thought about her locations specifically and how the busy environment can reflect on the busy song and atmosphere/personalities that the girls are meant to be bringing to the song. Parts such as the dancing around people show that she has gone the extra bit to get people who study drama, meaning they will not be shy when performing in the video. As they aren't holding back, I strongly believe it has been a beneficial factor for Tara as it looks a lot more professional and makes the audience of it a lot more comfortable to watch. If she had not of used girls who were comfortable and outgoing as these girls are, I do not think the video would of had the same affect on me as to which it did. 

The success here lies with the editing as well as the planning. A lot of shots have been used such as mid shots, close ups (lips), long shots and wide shots to establish the surroundings. How Tara has edited the different shots together here is something I really like and how it all looks professional. The smooth running of the fading through of shots highlights and reflects the mood of the song, and how it is a upbeat but not a sharp cut of the shots. A weaker area of which Tara may have had difficulties with is the timings of the singing. The video wasn't synced with the sound track, and therefore I believe this is a weaker area, however, because the lyrics were fast, I didn't feel like it was a massively noticeable aspect.

From viewing this video, it has most definitely made me consider how I am going to need professional, motivated and outgoing actresses/actors for my video to get the same look of professional outcome as Tara has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment