Monday 2 September 2013

Inspirational music videos


Ellie Goulding's new release 'burn' is one of my favourite, and plays a big part to my inspiration of my own music video. I like this song so much because the video really relates to the lyrics, and engages the audience through the dancing and up beat tempo. Ellie's video is really capturing the strong mindedness of her and how she is the main focus throughout. As you can see, the thumbnail and first view we have of the video gives us the first impression that it is a very focused video, on the person who is telling the story. To me, I believe the lyrics are very much narrative, and therefore allows us as the audience to follow. 

All of the shots within the video are leading up to the chorus, leaving our imaginations to work out what is going to happen, who the video is about, why she is singing it, and what is so special about this lead up. It is so inspirational for me to see, as I feel like I can take things from the video and adapt them to fit my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment